Monday, May 28, 2012

T-Shirt Pillow

So here I am, unemployed once again. Job applications get boring very fast, so I have been Pinterest obsessed. This project was inspired by ideas for t-shirt pillow crafts. The simplest seemed to be sewing the bottom, sleeves, and head hole closed.

I bought some batting, thinking I would make several of these. However, since I don't have a sewing machine, the hand-sewing took more time than I had anticipated. I haven't done anything crafty or sewed in a while though. 

I used a tee from my first China trip from the Beijing Hard Rock Cafe- a shirt I wanted to keep but that is now too small. Often when I was a teen I would buy child sizes to save money, but now I have a few too small shirts. 
I think this turned out really cute but I still have a ton o' tees and I don't know what to do with them all.  They are sentimental ones I want to keep. Maybe make a few more pillows, but that's only a few more shirts. I tried cutting up a big tee to make a tank but it didn't look all that great. I am thinking about doing some kind of wall art with a few of the shirts. What I'd really like to do is have a t-shirt quilt made of all of them to use as a picnic blanket, or couch blanket. I do not have a sewing machine, nor the skill I suspect. There are companies that do it but it is way out of my budget at the moment. So for now I'm just saving all my favorite tees I can't stand to part with (I must have around 20 at least). 

No comments:

Post a Comment