Monday, May 28, 2012

Plans

This weekend I am headed to NEW YORK CITY!/Princeton. My Bryn Mawr friends and I are finally reuniting. Our plans include a visit to Kleinfeld's and a Murder Mystery dinner theater. As a travel addict I have been going absolutely stir crazy so I'm pretty excited.

As for other plans, I actually have a goal, which is pretty crazy for me. I would like to get my Master's in Public Policy from ASU. It is a 2 year program that you can do while working full-time. Now I just have to get an application together and figure out when I want to start, among other things. It is on the Downtown Campus which is nice, because I'd really like to live in/around downtown Phoenix. A big reason to go to grad school, though, is networking. Getting a job is really all about who you know. And apparently I don't know enough people.

So far I've applied to about a gazillion government jobs and haven't gotten one yet. After this NYC trip, I'm going to hunker down and see which service/retail job I will hate least. I am indecisive about a few things though. The main thing is should I look for jobs close to home, or close to downtown? Since I want to live and go to school downtown, it would be nice to have a job I could carry on with while I'm in school, although it'd be a little bit of a commute from living at home. And work somewhere I've worked before, or somewhere new? I can't decided what is bet yet, so I will be mulling things over the next few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment