Saturday, July 21, 2012

World Coin Magnets


 My latest Pinterest craft is pictured above!!! That's a cookie sheet from the dollar store with my coin collection magnets. I got a set of 50 magnets from Michael's and glued them to my coins. The hardest part was deciding which side to face up, since some of them are quite cool. I really wanted to display my coins from my travels, which have just been sitting around in a box. I am still deciding what to do with this exactly. I might just hang it up as a display. I also might paint or cover the magnet board (aka cookie sheet) and use the magnets to display other souvenirs. 


And this is my new adult bed! Yes, it's true, I've been sleeping in a twin bed the last couple of years since I moved back home. I always had the thought that I'd be moving out soon enough...yeah...but as that still hasn't happened yet, my mom bought my this Ikea bed. Which I thought was fair enough, since I have been sleeping in that daybed with a trundle since toddlerhood. I decided on this bedding, which matches my yellow walls with green and yellow flowers but also has that exotic, worldly look to it. And it was kind of ridiculous that my boyfriend, me, and Poe the kitten were all sleeping in that twin bed.

So I've been working on rearranging my room since I got my new bed. I found some cool trinkets in the target clearance section. A Morrocan-esque lantern and some multicolored candle holders were among the treasures.

For my next project....I bought an thesaurus and dictionary from the dollar store. I want to Modge Podge either my Sterilite drawers or the ugly little Target bookshelf I am now using as a nightstand...or both.

We'll see...I've been tired lately from the Starbucks shifts. The caffeine is not yet balancing the waking up at early hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment